Swedish Church Records
Birth- and Baptism book
The children was added in the book by date and per year.
Search for the correct year in the Birth book and after that on date.
Then search for the name and hope that the priest in the Parish was a good writer.
The Birth book you can find this information:
- in which numberorder the child was born
- date of birth (month + day)
- complete name
- parents name
- the parents age
- residence (name of the village/farm and maybe also a guide to the page in Household examination rolls.)
- information if the mother was married or not (this to know if the child was a bastard or not)
In combination with the Birthbook you also will find the Baptism book
Here you can find this information:
- date when the child was baptised (month + day)
- if any godparents (their name)
- other notes (if for example the mother have given birth in another parish than her own.)
|Note ! These books can look different depending on in which parish you are searching in. Most of the books contains same information but can be written in a different way. This you will notice more and more when you search way back in time.